BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Composite Wall Flexibility

Anonymous
Not applicable
For a future release I would like to see Graphisoft add more flexibility to composite walls.

It would be useful to have the various components of each wall composition have its own height parameter. As an example, with a plate height of 10'-0" and a 6" truss heel, it would be useful to have the wood stud(or whatever for the main component) be specified at 10'-0", and then the outside plywood, and/or exterior treatment be 10'-6".

This would greatly help when generating cross-sections. While I can get Archicad to do what I want through workarounds, it would be nice to have the flexibility in the wall components, similar to what we now have in 8.1 of flexibility with lines, etc.

Grant
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
NOELDESIGNS wrote:
For a future release I would like to see Graphisoft add more flexibility to composite walls.

It would be useful to have the various components of each wall composition have its own height parameter.
The Nemetschek (Allplan) solution for this problem was rather interesting : you can define the composite elements' height relative to the base and top level of the current storey.

This should be available in ArchiCAD : why define the height of the walls as they are most often related to the storey's height... and you still can override this feature if needed
Learn and get certified!