Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Composite line weights

Chris Phillips
Contributor
Wouldn't it be nice if thickened lines in composite constructions actually showed in true weight views?

thickline.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Chris wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if thickened lines in composite constructions actually showed in true weight views?
Hi Chris,

Composite lines/pens show properly in true weight if you are in fact using the composite pens. When you draw a wall, you have an option in the wall settings (and Info Box) to override the composite pens with fixed pens. This will prevent your unique composite skin pens from displaying ... and is what I suspect has happened to you?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Chris Phillips
Contributor
Unfortunately .... no! The obvious override is not the problem. Here the line type as described in the composite set up, taking all the composite settings for line syle and colour, still allows a thinner line to overwrite the thicker line. Totally illogical.
Various pens/weights in the Composite, 'Composite's Separator Lines' is checked in wall settings. What am I missing?

(For the 'Bold Cut Lines' option, the separators will be hairline, and the Contours will be heavier but not True Weight.)

James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
__archiben
Booster
Chris wrote:
Unfortunately .... no! The obvious override is not the problem. Here the line type as described in the composite set up, taking all the composite settings for line syle and colour, still allows a thinner line to overwrite the thicker line. Totally illogical.
chris - i'm not getting any problems at all. are you sure you're not getting 'true weight' and 'bold cut line' mixed up? 'bold cut line' bears no relation to 'true weight' - it simply thickens a hairline element's contour line if it is being 'cut' by the plan section.

i've made a wish somewhere or other for bold cut lines to thicken only composite core contours rather than the whole element . . . is that what you are expecting to happen?

are you absolutely sure you're doing this:

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup