Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/shell

TMA_80
Enthusiast
I think this is an important step for the morph tool ( if it is aimed to be used as a massing tool )
this feature ( converting faces into construction elements) is present in Revit and was with the old sketchup Plugin for ArchiCAD.

this step was already asked for the shell tool but it makes more sense with the morph tool
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can get volume and surface of a morph, explain more about what you want! A solid morph should act as a wall? Or a single polygon should be able to convert to a wall?
TMA_80
Enthusiast
TurboGlider wrote:
Or a single polygon should be able to convert to a wall?
More on that side.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My addition to the wish:
Not only a single polygon, but basically any curved or double curved surface or any kind of non-regular surface can be converted into Walls, Slabs etc.
It then cannot be modified by the Wall Tool, but you can place Doors and Windows in it and displays and schedules correctly.
If the geometry changes, you update the Wall etc. based on the new shape of the Morph face.
It is based on the premise that you create a building Mass with the Mass Tool, then convert the surfaces of the Mass to Walls, Slabs, Roofs and Curtain Walls. Also, generate Slabs based on the geometry of the Mass at the floor levels of your stories automatically.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maby TMA_80 was referring not to workarounds but to integrate natively the morph tool into classic construction elements .

First the morph tool must be composite like walls and other construction elements .

This is more useful if you have complex or composite walls and the same sandwich structure into the morph tool structure , they must connect intelligent in 2d like walls do .

Practically the morph volume become a real wall with all attribute but with non standard geometry .

I admit that applying standard wall accessories to a such wall is not possible because his geometry .
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Not only a single polygon, but basically any curved or double curved surface or any kind of non-regular surface can be converted into Walls, Slabs etc.
How?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sasha wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
How?
Sorry, from my reply it was not clear that I was also wishing. I modified my post so it is not ambiguous.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly! I thought this was a feature in 16 already, but apparently not...

That is, from the webinar that showed the development of the massing model of the library, I thought they converted the morph...

I would like to be able to convert elements (polygons) that I have individually selected to become "roof" or "wall" or whatever elements, as appropriate.
laszlonagy wrote:
My addition to the wish:
It then cannot be modified by the Wall Tool, but you can place Doors and Windows in it and displays and schedules correctly.
If the geometry changes, you update the Wall etc. based on the new shape of the Morph face.
It is based on the premise that you create a building Mass with the Mass Tool, then convert the surfaces of the Mass to Walls, Slabs, Roofs and Curtain Walls. Also, generate Slabs based on the geometry of the Mass at the floor levels of your stories automatically.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am joining to this wish
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would find this useful.
Morph should give the possibility to be used as a "massing" tool, and then be quickly transformed into a wall or curtain wall.
But the guys should rewrite the code behind walls and curtain walls so that won't happen anytime soon.