Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Convert morph faces to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls/shell

TMA_80
Enthusiast
I think this is an important step for the morph tool ( if it is aimed to be used as a massing tool )
this feature ( converting faces into construction elements) is present in Revit and was with the old sketchup Plugin for ArchiCAD.

this step was already asked for the shell tool but it makes more sense with the morph tool
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
New user. Archicad 19 solo.
Where did this wish get to in the years since this thread started?
Is it now possible to convert a morph into a building element such as a wall, beam or column?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, there was no new development in ARCHICAD in this area.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pity. As a beginner it appears that all the work to create morph masses and objects at the beginning of a design project need to be reworked and rebuilt with building elements, walls, roofs etc. Seems very inefficient.
I can import a sketch-up model that is quicker and easier to build so I am wondering why the morph tools got added to Archicad? I hope I am missing something here.
Eduardo Rolon
Stewart my experience is that eventually you will be able to model faster in AC than you ever did in SketchUp with all the other benefits that AC has to offer. One of the benefits of having the Morph tool is having the ability to use SKP workflows within AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stewart my experience is that eventually you will be able to model faster in AC than you ever did in SketchUp with all the other benefits that AC has to offer. One of the benefits of having the Morph tool is having the ability to use SKP workflows within AC.
I join this wish and I'm 100% agree with you ejrolon, I used Sketchup before I knew Archicad, but as soon as as Knew AC and get used to it a little I realize the advantage I have and stop using sketchup. Now with the morph tool Archicad is even better, but still this wish and a few more things that could be added to the morph tool (like sweep along a path a profile) would make the morph a much better tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your replies.
I wonder what the typical work flow is using morph. Do you reach a point and then replace the massing morph with walls, slabs roofs etc.? and then delete the original morphs?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also think this feature would be much needed. At this moment i think Revit is the only software capable of converting any 3d face into walls. Working with massing at the beginning is essential. Right now the workflow is reversed since you can only convert walls into morph, which is usefull as a design refinement or detailing but not for initial concept. Is it so difficult to rethink the construction elements coding? Right now i guess all of them are based on simple vertical extrusions. Maybe they can just write a new code for the Wall from Morph face, don`t need to re-do whats already done. The resulting wall from morph face does`nt need to be as flexibile as the simple wall but it should be able to receive windows, and to intersect properly with other walls.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is an important step towards modelling flexibility. Nothing new about it? Please add this feature! If Mesh to Roof is posibile why not morph surface to Walls?
Mohamed Ahmed
Newcomer
Please Archicad company the Morph tool great, but using much easier so the model can be converted to morph in ArchiCAD, but if the morph can be converted to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls .. will be the superior program. I am one of the people admire Archicad and I learned both ArchiCAD and Revit to know which is easier and high efficiency, the problem is Revit can import (STL) format and considered as massing so can be modified to walls. so Organic forums can be walls and can open doors and windows,, if you know what I mean it will the revolution in Archicad if it used .. please reconsider that. Imagine after import any complex forum from sketch up or Rhino then convert to Morph then from Morph change to walls/slabs/roofs/curtain walls ... I really want Archicad to be the Top program.
Paul King
Advisor
Morphs should be able to convert to meshes, within the limitation of meshes. Or meshes should be updated to work like morphs (so you could for example model a steep cliff or hillside with a cave in it, without striking the restriction on no vertical or concave faces
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop