Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Coordinating 2D, 3D and elevations views in AC 25

Hubert Wagner
Participant

Gentlemen :

Recently I switched from AC15 to AC 25. I find some of my working habits don’t work in AC25.

Given a project containing five layers, A, B, C, etc. with a number of objects on each layer.

1    Given, the 2D screen shows the contents of layer B.

If layer A is selected in “Layers” the items contained in layer A do not appear in either the 2D or 3D views. i.e. the 2D view remains the same.

2    To display the contents of, say, layer C, in 2D and 3D views, layer C must be selected twice.

How do I set up AC to show the same set of layers in both views? I prefer to determine the contents of views by selecting and hiding appropriate layers.

3    Hiding an item in an elevation does not removed it from either the 2D or 3D views.

Clearly I’m missing some new and cunning upgrade but what?

Regards : Hubert Wagner

2 REPLIES 2
Rajesh Patil
Expert

In this new version 25 each tab of 2d or 3d window can either show same or different layer on off status. Just go through tab settings help in AC help and you will understand how easy it is to control on layer display in each tab. 

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
4dProof
Advisor

each view uses it's own stored layer combo (which can technically be "custom"). To ensure that an element is visible on a set layer combination, make sure you are clicking the "update" button near the bottom left after making the layer visible in the right hand column of the layer combo dialog. You can also select a layer in the right hand column, and make it visible for each layer combo in the left hand column, and avoid the "update" step. Last thing to make sure is that the various elevation/plan/3d/section/etc views in the view map are using the correct layer combo. If you are navigating primarily with the project map instead of the view map, then layer combos are going to revert to the last layer settings used for that viewpoint type. here's a video I did a while back on quickly updating groups of layers: https://wwabim.wordpress.com/2020/04/10/layer-adjustments-in-Archicad/

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2