Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Corner Window - Differing Reveal Depth

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

This is a wish regarding the ability to have differing reveal depths for corner windows. At the moment, the reveal depths need to match otherwise the corner will not meet.

UI wise, there just needs to be the addition of another parameter similar to the Different Connect Wall Thickness option. Not quite sure how the corner function is coded, so it my be more complicated...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
It is not so much the reveal depths that is the problem.
You can have them different now as you have shown.

What you need is the ability to have a different side offset, rather than have it the same as the reveal depth.
So maybe a new parameter for a 'corner offset'.
You could script this into the windows yourself if you don't mind a bit of work.

But maybe it would be easier to just manually reposition the windows yourself and then have an option to extend and reduce the wallholes in 2D and 3D.
You would also need to increase/decrease any window sill or header course as well.

PS you can do it now by moving the windows and adding an empty opening to cut the corner that doesn't get cut - except this won't help with the window sill if you have one.
Model that separately.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
A note on the Opening Oversizes, inputs less than zero are not valid. This still allows you to have your Wallholes completely cut the corner with your deeper revealed window, the one that required an invalid input to fix, just extending beyond the wall face. As far as I know, this extension is only an issue if you have Wall Contours turned on in which case you'll have the contours extending beyond where they should be filleting.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660