Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Correct Origin for exported Dwgs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please fix the translator so when a drawing is exported from the layout the items placed in model space have the same origin as in the plan view of ArchiCAD.

This is critical in working with consultants.

This may have been listed previously but nothing has ever been done about it. My recent conversations with Graphisoft suggest it may never be fixed.

I recognise a workaround can be done by publishing directly from the model space but it should also work form the layout book so we can export a file with the layout inside the same dwg. Very important when uploading to online project management software.

Please rate this wish so something can finally be done about it as Graphisoft seem to consider this a minor problem where as i see it as a very important feature.
5 REPLIES 5
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Mark,

it has been fixed in AC12 last year - we needed this for the same reason in our Dubai office and (successfully) drove GS guys mad till they fixed it.

Apparently there is a problem to get that fixed for AC11 and/or AC10 as they are using completely different translator engines. We have upgraded all projects to 12 and ditched 10 and 11 completely from our machines.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob wrote:
Mark,

it has been fixed in AC12 last year - we needed this for the same reason in our Dubai office and (successfully) drove GS guys mad till they fixed it.

Apparently there is a problem to get that fixed for AC11 and/or AC10 as they are using completely different translator engines. We have upgraded all projects to 12 and ditched 10 and 11 completely from our machines.
Hey Rob,

It is not fixed in v12. We are also using v12 for all projects. Perhaps you are missing my gripe. The gripe relates to drawings exported from the layout book, not from the floor plan.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
well it works for me... (published from a layout)

one thing though - if you have two or more plan drawings (different storeys) on the same sheet only first plan will be positioned correctly.
04.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting, seems it can work sometimes. I tried it on another one of our files and it did work! However I rechecked the file i am having problems with and it is definately not working

I think i have worked out that if you rotate the drawing in the layout, that is when the co-ordinates will not match up in AutoCAD model space and ArchiCAD floor plan. Can you try using the same drawing but rotate the drawing in the layout.

Otherwise i can only think it is something to do with the drawing being far from the origin.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
hmmm, I have rotated the drawing and all worked correctly...