Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Could we have an option in the Building Material control box to Saved Schemes/Sets like Pen Sets?

4hotshoes
Advisor
I like to provide clients color and material options during the design phase. Giving the Building Material control box an option to save schemes or sets would be a great asset. I could have a single Building Material called "Exterior Trim" and then have it change surface colors with saved schemes or sets. kind of like Pen color sets.

A Building Material could change a fill (not that important to me), or its surface as defined in Surfaces Control box, and it could possibly change its intersection priority (Hmm). I am more interested in the color change for client presentation on the live model.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
I appreciate the sentiment behind this, but I don’t think Building Material sets is the answer. To give it a different spin I don’t use pen sets, I have one set for pens and control my drawing appearance with GOs. Perhaps this is an option? Unfortunately I don’t think it would let you control the appearance of sub components e.g. door panels. Maybe GS could do a Surface Override tool...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
4hotshoes wrote:
I could have a single Building Material called "Exterior Trim"

I don't think its a good idea. Specially when you think about scheduling.
I agree with DGSketcher. The GO approach is the best solution for what you want.
And yes. GO should be effective in more elements within a project.
4hotshoes
Advisor
I think the option to control multiple Building Material Surfaces through GO would be great, and might be he better solution if set up correctly. But we need more consistency in the Window and Door tools in the way they assign surfaces to make this work. If I could create a GO for each color scheme, I would be very happy. I have tried this with only partial success.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)