BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Create Elevation shadow diagram on neighboring buildings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish there was a way to create an elevation view of a neighboring building to show the shadow impact of the proposed building. This is very easy to do in a perspective view but impossible in a 2d elevation view.

The reason for this is because the elevation view clips and disregards the information behind it. If there was a toggle in the view settings that enabled the view to consider the geometry behind the view as well as in front it would be magic.

I have attached a jpg that hopefully illustrate the issue.

view 1) is a perspective that successfully shows the shadow impact from the building behind.

view 2) is a 2d view at the same time of day of view 1 but notice no shadow from behind.
2 REPLIES 2
alemanda
Advocate
+1

In general I wish Archicad implement the option which consider the "effects" of clipped 3D portions without showing them. Useful also in 3D clipped perspectives
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, even though I agree with this wish, there is also a way to do something like you want, not with all the options of an elevation but you can get the effect with a 3d document. At least is a temporary solution.
25.JPG
Learn and get certified!