Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Curtain Wall Divider

ravelandrade
Participant

Please, add a tool to make it easier to split curtain walls, just like we can use Ctrl + Click to divide lines, walls, beams... 

3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

There is already a special tool for this. Not sure why GS couldn't just put it into the normal split function, but there is "CW split". Works only in floor plan, if I recall correctly.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

@runxel wrote:

There is already a special tool for this. Not sure why GS couldn't just put it into the normal split function, but there is "CW split". Works only in floor plan, if I recall correctly.

And it only splits a curtain wall with another curtain wall.

So you need 2 intersecting curtain walls.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Oh yeah.... "minor" detail I forgot to mention 🙈

The CW spilt tool is erratic at best, because the actual split won't take place where those 2 CWs meet either....

Basically it's garbage and we really need the consistency. The split tool should work for everything in every view (so long as it makes sense ofc).

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»