Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Curved roofs segmented

Wokka
Contributor
Can we please get REAL curved roofs. The idea that a curved roof is made of hundreds of small roofs magically stuck together showing the segments in elevation and perpsective is VERY hard to explain to the client. Basically I have to say it's a fault in the program.

curve.jpg
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
with you 100%!

a curved wall (albeit constructed with a segment/variance tolerance) doesn't do this...

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was always hopeful that the BPRISM that appeared in the GDL long ago presaged the arrival of a curved roof tool as the BWALL had for true curved walls. (Yes, I know that PRISM is the original equivalent for the slab tool, but I couldn't (and can't) imagine a need for curved floors.) Now the GDL equivalent of the roof tool is CROOF and I see no sign of a BROOF alas.

This should be a high priority item.

In all fairness though, it does pose some challenges for maintaining the command/control click to join roofs.
owen
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
This should be a high priority item.
Just stumbled across this very old wish checking up on another and thought i would give it a bump. Its now 5+ years and this is one of the things we have to put up with in the roof tool (one of the worst AC tools IMO).

I know there are so many things on the wish list but its stuff like this that makes BIM look like a joke when it comes to creating presentable drawings from an AC model without resorting to unlinking, masking, etc
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Wokka
Contributor
Don't get me started on that old one again. It's been like banging your head against a brick wall! It's still a problem and should be a priority! We now have to resort to complex profiles to try and fudge it and that is never pretty in plan.

God, that was an ugly building!
It's OK, it wasn't mine and hopefully it never got built!!!
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render