Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Custom Elevation Markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me where I can get custom interior elevation markers or if I can create my own that auto generate the elevations? I have found where you can import the custom markers but where can I get them from?????

Thanks in advance.
Brian
9 REPLIES 9
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Brian:

You can write your own if you know GDL. As the linking between the marker and the elevation for auto referencing is complicated, you would be better off starting with an existing marker, saving a copy of it, and then modifying it. Stating your version of ArchiCAD really helps with this sort of question.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I will give it a try. PS. It is version 10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am quite familiar with the GDL language but I cannot seem to locate the existing markers to edit. How do I access the GDL code of the existing markers?
Chazz
Enthusiast
Lets not forget the cheap-n-easy method of changing the subtype of an existing marker (say a detail marker) to make it available as a section marker.

'Cause sometimes you've done such sweet modeling that you really want that detail to be a nice live section instead.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Brian wrote:
/...How do I access the GDL code of the existing markers?
Brian, see attachment.
You need to access the library by opening
menu item named "Open Object by Subtype".
It is not part of default menu structure.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not know any GDL. Is it beyond possibility for me to create a section/elevation marker that looks like the attached image? If I am able to I would then need to make it available to all of my colleagues as we are all working on teamwork files. This would need to be a very simple process.

Hope you can help!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
TREVORHORNE:

Look at the section marker "Section Part Marker_NCS 12", it has one end that looks like your image, the other end is a typical section marker.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

Also, please don't double post the same question.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Where do I find this? I tried the 'open subtype' method but it doesn't show up for me. Also, will I be able to make the same marker at both ends?

Hopefully I now have a signature!?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
TREVORHORNE:

This section marker is in the US library, perhaps someone with the INT library can tell you if it is there and where it is, if it is in the loaded libraries, then it will be one of the options for the Section Tool > Marker > pop up list for markers. It has the marker you want at only one end, so to create the marker you want will take knowledge of GDL (see my 1st post in this thread).

Signature look good, thanks for taking the time.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture