Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Custom Renovation Statuses

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The purpose of my wish is to be able to achieve any combination of visibility based on Renovation Filters.

Currently, we have 3 built-in Renovation Statuses in ARCHICAD: Existing, To be Demolished and New.

This system should be extended to include any number of custom phases such as Temporary 1, 2, 3, Phase 1, 2, 3, etc.
It is a simple step to be able to have as many Phases, but it would greatly improve renovation workflows.

(The other two big related items are: Reno Statuses for all element types and Skin-level Reno Statuses for Composites/Complex Profiles, but those are covered in other wishes.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
10 REPLIES 10
alemanda
Advocate
Very essential!
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
adamsb
Newcomer
This is such a great idea for multiple phases within a project!
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
PB
Advocate
A much needed function to enable phased development and/or different design options.
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
This is absolutely essential as stated already and is probably the easiest way for GS to implement alternative design iterations.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
300% agree (can someone be 300% agree? I don't know but I'm agree)

And agree with the comments of the others, so I don't have to repeat them, there is a lot of power in the renovation filter that need to be exploded.
toman311
Enthusiast
I think if Graphisoft would simply allow the users to select more than one "Show On Renovation Filter", then we could achieve an endless combination. Instead of having the option to only put one check down, we should be able to put as many checks next to what we want to show.

Graphisoft is so close!!!
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
jorgebeneitez
Booster
Definitely a good one! The perfect way indeed to work with design options as well. If you think about it could be just some kind of "custom property" and an associated filtering system...

Sounds easy
Jorge Benéitez

M.arch | Registered Architect | ARB
BIM Implementation | Graphisoft Registered Consultant.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree the Graphisoft needs to work on a more robust Renovation feature. The majority of my renovation work are residential projects that lie in flood zones. They do not conform to current flood requirements and we are limited to the amount of work that can be done. Therefore, I always have a "master comprehensive plan" followed by multiple phased drawings to obtain permits. I use Hotlinks to refer all phases back to the master plan. But, that requires separate plan files. It would be great to do it all within one project plan file. You can tweak layers, etc., but that can get confusing in a large multi-phased job.
Vasileios S_
Advocate
I agree 100% on custom renovation statuses, but not at all for using them as phases (see link in the end of the post). Up until now, I needed one more reno status, and this is "To be moved". I made a house renovation and some radiators were removed from the site and put back in different places when other works were done. Thus, they could not fit neither in "To be demolished" status nor in "New".

As for the phases that Laszlo mentioned, I think it is a different thing of renovation statuses. We need a timeline for this. Think of a multi story building. At Time-1, there are elements being demolished on Groundfloor. At Time-2, there are elements being demolished on 1st Floor and other ones constructed on Ground floor. At Time-3, there are elements being demolished on 2nd Floor and other ones constructed on 1st Floor and so on... This is why I made a wish here:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=63028
You cannot build a line.