BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Custom Renovation Statuses

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The purpose of my wish is to be able to achieve any combination of visibility based on Renovation Filters.

Currently, we have 3 built-in Renovation Statuses in ARCHICAD: Existing, To be Demolished and New.

This system should be extended to include any number of custom phases such as Temporary 1, 2, 3, Phase 1, 2, 3, etc.
It is a simple step to be able to have as many Phases, but it would greatly improve renovation workflows.

(The other two big related items are: Reno Statuses for all element types and Skin-level Reno Statuses for Composites/Complex Profiles, but those are covered in other wishes.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
10 REPLIES 10
DGSketcher
Legend
There are two distinct variants here. I think Lazlo's suggestion works with design options e.g. elements are quite distinct, whereas this posts https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=63028 refers to properly phased development e.g. a snapshot of progress at any particular time. I don't see that the Renovation filter system needs to work any different than it is now. The introduction of a timeline would for me occasionally be helpful, but much like the rest of the BIM data, it will place an additional optional requirement on the user to enter element creation & removal time data which AC would then need to manage, I assume through an extension to the renovation filter settings e.g "Show proposed" with date less than 14 November 2018.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!