Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Custom Skin Types and Partial Structure Display options

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My wish is two-fold. Its purpose is to be able to achieve any combination of visibility for skins of composite/complex structures.

Currently, we have 3 built-in Skin Types in ARCHICAD: Core, Finish and Other.
We have 4 Partial Structure Display options: Entire Model, Without Finishes, Core Only, Core or Load-Bearing Elements Only.

This system is inadequate in many cases. To provide maximum flexibility to architects, ARCHICAD should provide us with the ability to define custom Skin Types (maybe up to 16 or 32 different Skin Types).
There would be a Skin Types Dialog and all Skin Types (built-in and custom) defined there would be available in all drop-down lists in the Composites Dialog and the Profile Manager where we assign the Skin Types to Skins of Composites and Complex Profiles.

Then in the Partial Structure Display Dialog we should be able to define custom Partial Structure Display combinations (also, possibly store and export/import them like we can do with MVOs).
Each defined Partial Structure Display combination would specify which Skin Types are visible and hidden in that combination.

This would provide maximum flexibility.
One use case is in this thread where the user wants to hide moldings of a Wall that are part of the Wall's Complex Profile definition:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=49016
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also like to have renovation / phase status added to skins

Scott
hi,

the titles says it all. Thank you!
BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
DGSketcher
Legend
Are you suggesting changing the mode settings from a single option to tick boxes? There is some logic in the current arrangement by stripping down the model to its load bearing core. It would bring greater flexibility to the presentation options to have a choice of what is displayed, but is it needed, do you have any examples?

Just seen this is a duplicate post
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Florian wrote:
hi,

the titles says it all.
Finishes Only.png
Thank you!
BR, Florian

Hi Florian,

I have merged your wish with this one as they are about the same topic.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27