Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Custom edge in sections

filip
Booster

I know I can open custom edge settings in floor plan and in 3D, and there I can type in the angle. But I think it would be more useful to graphically define the custom edge angle in sections.

Currently, I'm trying to connect two roofs that have two different angles, and I need to create a valley and it's really difficult to measure and calculate the connecting angle

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

How are you trying to connect the roofs?

To form the valley, I would just model my 2 roof planes where I want then at the correct heights and pitches - don't worry about how the valley joins.

Then with the roof tool active, select one roof and then CTRL+click on the valley edge of the other roof you want to join.

Select the other roof and CTRL+click on the valley edge of the first roof and the valley should now be trimmed in the correct location.

And as a bonus the roof valley edges will be a custom angle that bisects the join.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

That is quite the bit of math... that I worked out myself for one of my objects that places a beam along a hip... and it works for valleys. Though I guess it is not accessible to a user anyway so no time would have been saved knowing this function...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

filip_0-1647855005863.png

These are the roofs I'm trying to connect.

With custom edges, I've managed to get this:

filip_1-1647855058048.png

Later, I'll create a detail where I will solve all connections, but for a scale of 1:100, this is ok.

OK, what I said won't work for different thickness roofs.

It will bisect the angle which is clearly not what you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11