BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Customise the F1 Key

Anonymous
Not applicable
I WISH! you could change the F1 key shortcut. It is always defaulted to ArchiCAD help and you can't disable it. I wish they would allow you to change it as I always accidentally hit F1 (when tapping esc) - Which brings up help!
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
GAG is correct the key remapping is via registry entry and is global across all applications and users. Any changes require a restart.

However this hardly poses a problem greater than the benefit. The F1 key is used as "Help" on pretty much every program I run yet those same programs all have the little Blue Question Mark Icon in the tool bar which provides the same function, so you lose no functionality whatsoever.

Looking at my circumstances again I actually remappped F1 to F9, but left F9 as F9, this means no functioning F1 key. I've had it this way for several years now and not once have I ever needed the functionality of the F1 key. The fact that I can use this key as a shortcut in ArchiCAD FAR outways any minor inconveniance.
Learn and get certified!