Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Customize Editing Hotspot RGB Within Object

Editing hotspots can do a wide assortment things, more than edit angles and lengths.

Angle hotspots can edit rotation as well as angle. Length spots can change offsets as well as lengths. Either kind can be used for boolean switches.

As more and more objects use these hotspots, many objects have nothing else. In the ArchiCAD library, many conventional X & Y stretching spots have been replaced with graphical spots. This has the advantage of displaying the parameter value palette while stretching, which is informative. The side effect is that there are a lot of identical graphical spots, and the only way to figure out what they all do is to try each one. (Corollary wish: That old-fashioned XY stretching spots bring up the palette.)

It might be valuable if different hotspot functions could be readable by color. A developer, or the community, could follow a standard palette, e.g., blue means XY stretch, green means angle, red means a switch.

Even a low-level (GS-controlled) visible difference between length and angle spots would be an improvement.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
4 REPLIES 4
For example, with POLY2_B{2}, you can script an entire local-origin fill, with hotspots to move the origin and change the angle, only there's no way to tell the user which spot is which.
James Murray

Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
For example, with POLY2_B{2}, you can script an entire local-origin fill, with hotspots to move the origin and change the angle, only there's no way to tell the user which spot is which.
I agree, a standard palette for colors is a good idea. Meanwhile, i use a workaround. If i remember correctly, the idea is from Oleg.

When there are too much graphical hotspots, i use the "clean_intersections" request, to show or hide some of them.
This way, you can draw a handle line (angle hotspots for eg), allowing a better distinction between hotspots. This works both for 2D & 3D.

In the example you describe, object using poly2_b{2}, this tip can replace the origin & orientation handles for vectorial fills.
Anonymous
Not applicable
FOR THIS REASON I ATTACH ASIDE A GREEN MOVABLE HOTSPOT A RED ONE FOR DISTINCTION IN INITIAL POSITION TO EASE RECOGNIZE FROM OTHERS GREEN. ANOTHER WISH IS TO HAVE A GHOST GDL IMAGE WHEN MOVING OR GRAPHICAL EDITING OBJECTS SIMILAR TO GHOST BOUNDING BOX
How about if I say please?
James Murray