BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

DEFINE PEN

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to be able to define pens within objects.

DEFINE PEN r, g, b, weight
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Jeffrey, you CAN define pens within objects if they have been scripted to do that. Most of my objects have one or more pen definition parameters, depending on object complexity.
There is also always an option to either use the objects pens, i.e. those definable by parameters, or not to use the objects pens, in which case you can still select what single pen you want to use for the whole object.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Sorry after re-reading your post I see that I misunderstood your question. I talked about selecting pens, you want to be able to define them! Not so sure about that one.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Considering that many use their own custom pen sets when creating detailed objects it would be nice to let them choose a single pen for the outline and have the details automatically be a few shades lighter in weight and color as opposed to having to select and or create different pens for each part of the object and due to limitations in GDL having a pen that is always white would be useful as well.
Learn and get certified!