BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Decals or signage on doors and windows

Sabrina
Booster

Wouldn't it be great to be able to directly add a decal or a sign on the door or window it self?

For commercial projects this subject comes up a lot

5 REPLIES 5

The approach I have taken with that is a workflow where I created a custom library part so I can schedule each and every sign on a project. Being attached to a door is a positive for the signage appearing on door schedules but if you want to do a signage schedule that captures all signage on a project you need a single workflow for signage placement and scheduling.

Just a thought.

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX
UenglishmanS
Participant

I've been looking for a solution to this problem (room signage at least).

Per accessibility standards, all room signage has to be located in certain, dimensionally restricted locations.  All signs have to include correct braille too.  Is there an object library that can address this?  This is a painful oversight for ArchiCAD, and a great deal of lost time for people trying to find the solution. 

Nathan, is your solution of the custom part readily available or proprietary to you? 

Botonis
Advisor

This probably can do the work:

https://bimbakery.co/product/signage-solution/

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

But only if you want to fork over the money.  I'm a bit surprised that after all of these years Archicad has not developed this as standard to the library.  Ho hum, the search continues.

Botonis
Advisor

When I find a solution that will help me complete a project I evaluate the cost/performance factor and I decide whether Archicad can perform better. If not then there is no solution than buying a product that will help a developer to enrich and improve Archicad. After all GDL or API are free for creative people. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!