After proposing a Dedicated Multilink Resource File in other topics related to issues in managing attributes on multi hotlinked projects, I decided to post the wish.
Here is what I propose:
1. A dedicated external file format (.rsf) that could pack not only Attributes but also: Model View Options, Dimensions, Graphic Overrides, Properties, Classifications, Schedules, Library Parts, Images, Drawings, Master Layouts and Favorites;
2. These files could be loaded in the Library Manager, and after loading them, all the resources would be available within the project;
3. The .rsf files could be edited and saved in a project with the Resource Manager;
4. Updated/Edited .rsf files would trigger a warning similar to a Module File Updater;
5. The Resource Manager could exchange resources from different .rsf files;
6. The Resource Manager could also concatenate different resources from multiple .rsf files and create new .rsf files.
With this workflow, we could create and manage a single .rsf file for: Multiple specific Office Standards, Team Work Project Resources, Manufacture/Commercial Resources in a single Package for easy download and maintaining. Manufacturers could create specific Properties, Schedules, Surfaces, Building Materials, etc...
What do you think?