BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Detail tool as live model view.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I may be in the minority in this view, but I prefer the detail windows as is; 2D drawings with links (where applicable) to the source view rather than live views of the model. There are many situations where the live link is inappropriate (a detail drawn from an unlinked section) or meaningless (a boilerplate detail from a manufacturer's web site). Even when a detail is derived from a live section it is questionable whether it should also be live. Isn't it better to revise the model in the context of the larger section than in the limited detail?

The one place that I can see the value of a live linked detail is when the tool is used for enlarged floor plan. I would prefer to have this taken care of with a new plan view window. (See: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=864 for more.)
2 REPLIES 2
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Why does this need to be an either / or question? All that's needed to make both camps happy is an unlink option or command. We have this choice with S/E windows, it could work the same way with details.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Karl Ottenstein
Geoff wrote:
Why does this need to be an either / or question? All that's needed to make both camps happy is an unlink option or command. We have this choice with S/E windows, it could work the same way with details.
Exactly my feelings, Geoff. Graphisoft has a serious problem with consistency throughout AC/PM, this being yet another example.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!