BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Detail tool deterrent

Aussie John
Newcomer
there a couple of things that prevent me using the detail tool (which is a great idea in principle)

1)3d editablility is lost so in early staes of a project it is not work setting up details

2)origin in plan detail (and section) moves to the centre of the detail. Cutting and pasting items from the main plan are now awkward

I could possibly use the detail tool without item 1) so long as there is an option to retain the origin ( item 2)

Development of the detail tool must continue well past the current level of refinement
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel wrote:
gpowless wrote:
It would be nice if the Detail tool had the option of displaying like a 3D marquee and being able to label and detail withing it. It sure would help us explain and document the building in visual terms.
That is an idea that has been floating around in my head too for a while!
(I have not actually tried the detail tool yet, but that doesn't stop me from weighing in on this issue).

My wish is for a detail CUBE that would be placed, and the appropriate heights set, in the floor plan. It would have parameters for appropriate labelling and spacing of view tiles, what views are required of the 6 faces of the cube, as well as the 8 corners for isometrics.

What do you think?
3D details...Isn't that what you expect from VBM?
Learn and get certified!