BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Details - 3D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having 3D details windows would be great, ability to add dimension lines, text and lines...
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
This has been one of my top 5 wishes for a long time. I keep sending it in. 😉

Until we have linked 3D detail windows...with view settings that result in a proper import into PM (import from the 3D window is still all wrong in 8.1) ... the BIM process is not fully realized. At present, one must copy/paste 3D elements from the 3D window to create an isometric detail (or save to 2DL file - same thing) ... breaking the link from the model. Must be addressed.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
This has been one of my top 5 wishes for a long time. I keep sending it in. 😉
Me too..., at least in my top 100
Karl wrote:
Until we have linked 3D detail windows...with view settings that result in a proper import into PM (import from the 3D window is still all wrong in 8.1) ...

You still can use the old "Publish as PMK" function, but that's really not satisfactory !

Waiting for the absolute killer function : "3D detail" in AC12 ?
Karl Ottenstein
Geoffroy wrote:
You still can use the old "Publish as PMK" function, but that's really not satisfactory !
As a workaround, it still doesn't quite do the trick since you cannot annotate/etc as you would a detail.

As you know Geoffroy - but for the record for others - this is indeed unsatisfactory since all other drawings in PM can be linked to the PLN file and updated automatically there ("pull" technology if you will). For the 3D views, one must open AC and explicitly publish (and know that you need to re-publish) the views as PMKs ("push" technology).

I hope we don't have to wait for version 12!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Geoffroy wrote:
As a workaround, it still doesn't quite do the trick since you cannot annotate/etc as you would a detail.
You have to annotate in PlotMaker, but due to the poor text tools functionnalities, it's definitely not a satisfactory solution. And you can't add dimension lines...
David Collins
Advocate
Geoffroy wrote:
Having 3D details windows would be great, ability to add dimension lines, text and lines...
I had to add a "metoo" to this wish, if only to push my membership status up a bit.

What would be great, since we're wishing, would be a detail window with a Piranesi-esque understanding of depth, so 3d dimensions could be easily added, surfaces could be shaded, notes could be written in perspective on a surface, etc...
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
What would be great, since we're wishing, would be a detail window with a Piranesi-esque understanding of depth, so 3d dimensions could be easily added, surfaces could be shaded, notes could be written in perspective on a surface, etc...
Just as in Sketchup... 3D Detailing and dimensioning is an one of its impressive feature !
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Added to ArchiCAD Wishlist:

Learn and get certified!