Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details - 3D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having 3D details windows would be great, ability to add dimension lines, text and lines...
7 REPLIES 7

Karl Ottenstein
Moderator
This has been one of my top 5 wishes for a long time. I keep sending it in. 😉

Until we have linked 3D detail windows...with view settings that result in a proper import into PM (import from the 3D window is still all wrong in 8.1) ... the BIM process is not fully realized. At present, one must copy/paste 3D elements from the 3D window to create an isometric detail (or save to 2DL file - same thing) ... breaking the link from the model. Must be addressed.

Karl
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.1, iMac Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
This has been one of my top 5 wishes for a long time. I keep sending it in. 😉
Me too..., at least in my top 100
Karl wrote:
Until we have linked 3D detail windows...with view settings that result in a proper import into PM (import from the 3D window is still all wrong in 8.1) ...


You still can use the old "Publish as PMK" function, but that's really not satisfactory !

Waiting for the absolute killer function : "3D detail" in AC12 ?

Karl Ottenstein
Moderator
Geoffroy wrote:
You still can use the old "Publish as PMK" function, but that's really not satisfactory !
As a workaround, it still doesn't quite do the trick since you cannot annotate/etc as you would a detail.

As you know Geoffroy - but for the record for others - this is indeed unsatisfactory since all other drawings in PM can be linked to the PLN file and updated automatically there ("pull" technology if you will). For the 3D views, one must open AC and explicitly publish (and know that you need to re-publish) the views as PMKs ("push" technology).

I hope we don't have to wait for version 12!

Karl
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.1, iMac Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Geoffroy wrote:
You still can use the old "Publish as PMK" function, but that's really not satisfactory !
As a workaround, it still doesn't quite do the trick since you cannot annotate/etc as you would a detail.
You have to annotate in PlotMaker, but due to the poor text tools functionnalities, it's definitely not a satisfactory solution. And you can't add dimension lines...

David Collins
Booster
Geoffroy wrote:
Having 3D details windows would be great, ability to add dimension lines, text and lines...
I had to add a "metoo" to this wish, if only to push my membership status up a bit.

What would be great, since we're wishing, would be a detail window with a Piranesi-esque understanding of depth, so 3d dimensions could be easily added, surfaces could be shaded, notes could be written in perspective on a surface, etc...
David Collins
Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz 32 Gb RAM
AC 24.0 (3022 INT FULL)

Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
What would be great, since we're wishing, would be a detail window with a Piranesi-esque understanding of depth, so 3d dimensions could be easily added, surfaces could be shaded, notes could be written in perspective on a surface, etc...
Just as in Sketchup... 3D Detailing and dimensioning is an one of its impressive feature !

Gyuri Nyitrai
Newcomer
Added to ArchiCAD Wishlist:

Having 3D details windows would be great, ability to add dimension lines, text and lines...

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!