Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Diameter dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD is now 30 years old, but still do not have diameter dimension tool.
Yes, there is radius dimension, but it is not usable in case of round columns! And radius is not what we need in case of columns.
I dont know about others, but I really need this tool badly! I need a tool to put round column (and any circle) diameter dimension in 1-click
9 REPLIES 9
Eduardo Rolon
Why the regular dimension tool is not an option?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Why the regular dimension tool is not an option?
Because it is not radial dimension and has no Ø sign
Eduardo Rolon
Ok on the one click, though the radius tool takes 2 and you can do 2 of the options with the existing Dim tool.
Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 7.03.43 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Ok on the one click, though the radius tool takes 2 and you can do 2 of the options with the existing Dim tool.
But it is like if you had only window tool, and to make a door you would have to make window look like a door.
Dim tool has not automatic Ø sign, you must insert it manually. This is the point. You are trying to adopt tools for alternative use, this is not correct way to work. Basically radius tool is not necessary, it can be replaces with ordinary linear dimension, but it exists.
Barry Kelly
I guess the reason we only have a radius dimension tool is because you would ordinarily construct or set out something circular by using the radius and a centre point.

But I don't think it would be too hard to add an option to the radius dimension tool to allow for a one or two click diameter complete with Ø symbol.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
FYI I was not the one who voted "Not needed"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Rod Jurich
Contributor
ejrolon wrote:
FYI I was not the one who voted "Not needed"
…….. +1
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
UP UP UP!
GS Guys!
Are you serious?!?!?!?!? Is it really so difficult to add the option?
30 years and there is no diameter dimension tool! W T F ?!?!?!
This is just a couple of hours of work of 1 professional programmer! EVERY! Every other CAD program has this feature. Why program, which is costing over 4K Euro does not have this simple thing?
DGSketcher
Legend
Been using AC since V4, I never realised how useless AC is... please GS I really need another button to click.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)