Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Different handles on two door sides

Mike96
Advocate
I can see an important possible feature of adding different handles on each side of a door. In bigger buildings we need evacuation doors with a panic bar on one side and a standard handle on the other, while Archicad only lets us place panic bar on both sides. Which does make no sense because evacuation is always a one-way trip... You don't need a panic bar on the other side.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
15 REPLIES 15
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mike96:

In the US Library, this is already possible. For example, D1 Metal 24 door > Metal Door Settings > Door Leaf and Handle > Edited Handle has options for Outside and Inside, allowing each side to have a different handle, including 2 options just for panic bar.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Mike96
Advocate
But the US library is not the INT library, right?
If I have INT or Polish version, can I use an element from US library in my model? Can I import it somehow? If so, do I need to have ArchiCAD US installed, or can somebody just copy their US library item and send me?
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mike96:

You can search this forum for various ways to use a part from another library, and the possible problems to watch out for; perhaps someone following this thread will post some links. There is also at least one poll for a unified AC library, rather than the various regional versions.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Mike96
Advocate
Thanks, David, I'll do some research on it.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Mike96
Advocate
Ok, I searched, I googled but haven't found anything relevant. The search feature on this forum is pretty much useless. It always tells me that my input is too general and won't even try to find anything.
Can someone tell me if I really need to install Archicad US to get that door or could someone please just send me that element so I could try importing it to my AC INT? Maybe there's some place on the internet with Archicad libraries free to download?
By the way, I agree that at least the INT version should really contain all possible "regional" libraries.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Mike96
Advocate
I found some objects with "USA" in name in Archicad 24 INT using BIM Components Portal, including some metal doors but none with two editable handles.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Lingwisyer
Guru
Mike96 wrote:
The search feature on this forum is pretty much useless. It always tells me that my input is too general and won't even try to find anything.

Yeah, this forums search function ignores like all of the main search queries you might makes regarding AC objects... You can put the forum website address together with a search query into google so that it just searches the forum. eg. archicad-talk.graphisoft.com door

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
DGSketcher
Legend
Mike96 wrote:
I can see an important possible feature of adding different handles on each side of a door. In bigger buildings we need evacuation doors with a panic bar on one side and a standard handle on the other, while Archicad only lets us place panic bar on both sides. Which does make no sense because evacuation is always a one-way trip... You don't need a panic bar on the other side.
On self closing doors a push plate and pull handle is also a very common arrangement.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Mike96
Advocate
Ok, cool but can someone please answer my questions?

Is it possible to import AC US library elements (preferably: only one element) to AC INT or PL? Do I need to have both installed to do this?
Is it possible to separate-export a single library element from AC US and import it to AC INT or PL?
Is it possible that someone with AC US exports a single library element, sends it to me and I import it to my AC INT or PL?
Can I find and import library elements from other regional AC versions using BIM Component Portal?
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10