Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Different handles on two door sides

Mike96
Advocate
I can see an important possible feature of adding different handles on each side of a door. In bigger buildings we need evacuation doors with a panic bar on one side and a standard handle on the other, while Archicad only lets us place panic bar on both sides. Which does make no sense because evacuation is always a one-way trip... You don't need a panic bar on the other side.
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
15 REPLIES 15
Barry Kelly
The INT and USA doors and windows are completely different to each other as you have found.
Different features and they use their own macros, so it is not a case of simply adding a USA door to the INT library.

If you get a USA object from BIMcomponents, it will download with all of the required macros as well.
You can add this to you embedded library and it should work as expected.

If you can't find what you want in BIMcomponents, then you will need to download the USA version of Archicad to access the USA library.

You may not be able to run the USA version depending on the language version of the license you have, but you can access the USA library by loading in it your version.

I don't know if it is a good idea to have 2 language libraries loaded in the one file, so you may want to load just the USA library.
Then place just the door/window you want and then 'save as' an Archive file - try to delete everything else from the file so you have just a wall and a door/window.
Now when you open this archive file you will have the option of creating a library (i.e. not reading from the archive).
This should give you a library with the door/window and the required macros as well.

I am not sure if this is going to be error free as I have never tried it - but I imagine some macro could be missing.

BIMcomponents is the best option if it has what you want.
Maybe someone that has used both INT and USA libraries at the same time can elaborate more.
i.e. can both be loaded at the same time?
Then you may not have to mess around archiving the file to get the objects.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Barry wrote:
Then place just the door/window you want and then 'save as' an Archive file - try to delete everything else from the file so you have just a wall and a door/window.
Now when you open this archive file you will have the option of creating a library (i.e. not reading from the archive).
This should give you a library with the door/window and the required macros as well.

There is no need to archive. After placing the relevant objects in a completely blank file, you can just use the "Embed placed objects of selected library". This will copy any placed objects and their macros into the embedded library where you can then export to where ever you desire. If your file was not blank, you may have to search through a heap of irrelevant macros. I did this with the AC19 railings and stairs when I started using AC21.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Mike96
Advocate
Thank you, it will surely help me
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Nader Belal
Mentor
Add to @Mike96 request ...

I would like to add the option that door handels can be turned on/off on every doors' panels sides, independently.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

On the INT library, the "Store front" door gives you the option to have different door handles on a door.

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Just checked my AC23 project using the Dutch localisation, we also have the option to check a setting for using the same handle or a different one for each panel for the standard doors.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5