BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimension Precision Based on Scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe there is way to do this and I just haven't found it yet.
I would like to be able to set the precision of my dimensions dependent on the scale of the plan, section, or detail I am in. Floor plans at 1/8" or 1/4" scale could be rounded off to the nearest 1/2", sections that are between 1/2" & 1" scale round to 1/4", and details that are 1-1/2" or 3" scale round to the nearest 1/8". The only way I've found so far is to set my roundoff for the entire project to 1/2" and then go into my sections and details and manually change the dimension text to reflect the higher precision. Autocad did this with separate dimension styles but I think it would be simple for Archicad to base it on the scale of the drawing you're in and take care of the roundoff automatically.
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
There is not a direct setting to tie dimension settings to scale, but you can save dimension settings in your Views so that each View has a different dimensional rounding setting.

This way when you switch from a 1/8" plan to a 1" detail, the dimension settings can change at the same time.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaarrgh why didn't I see that before. I need more caffeine. I still think it would be an improvement to have the option to tie the roundoff to the dimension scale just so Archicad can have some more bragging rights over Autocad.
Learn and get certified!