BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimension delete warning

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be very useful if AC would warn you if you have deleted an element that a corresponding dimension is about to be deleted too. With the proviso that the warning could be easily turned off by hitting the enter key (for example) and an option was provided to toggle it off altogether.

This wish comes about as a result of many instances of dimensions going missing because some CAD operators don't always have the dimensions layer turned on when editing/deleting walls etc..

Cheers,

Roolio
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Roolio wrote:
It would be very useful if AC would warn you if you have deleted an element that a corresponding dimension is about to be deleted too. With the proviso that the warning could be easily turned off by hitting the enter key (for example) and an option was provided to toggle it off altogether.

This wish comes about as a result of many instances of dimensions going missing because some CAD operators don't always have the dimensions layer turned on when editing/deleting walls etc..

Cheers,

Roolio
Even more dangeous is CTRL clicking; that is why I always, but ALWAYS go for Adjust if I am revising an already dimensioned project. And keep the dimensioning layers on all the time ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is SOOOOO true! Can't believe that in 9 years only 10 ppl voted this post and can't believe that Graphisoft hasn't addressed this issue.
At working drawings issued to site, any further change causes dimensions to disappear inadvertently which normally ends up in mistakes that the architect would have to bear.
Forget about printing the whole project to find the needle in the haystack of the missing dimension. Better off deleting them all and re-dimension the whole thing.
Seriously?
There's nothing better out there? I can think of various tools which could help to control this aspect. Can we have one that works?
Even if the layer that contains the dimensions is locked, by deleting the item that is linked to it, the dimension will disappear!??!
Thanks.
Barry Kelly
What would be handy is if the selection highlight of an element also highlighted the associated dimensions as well.
Like it already does in reverse - the selection highlight of a dimension (or node of a dimension) will highlight the associated element it is dimensioning.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!