Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimensions: The "Dynamic Witness Line Gap"

4hotshoes
Advisor

This is a simple setting that is a no brainer. I am surpprised that it has not been changed already. The Dynamic Witness Line Gap is that small space that separates the dimension extension line and the entity it is referencing. Currently is is set by a physical distance that remains constant no matter the plot scale rather than set by points that are then adjusted by the scale plotted. It should be the same as texts and markers. They adjust automatically by the plot scale. Autocad has set this same parameter by scale for as long as I can remember (25 years?). I am puzzled as to why this setting is still so "manually" set. How hard would it be to make this change?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
4 REPLIES 4

A different linetype for witness lines would be great too.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Eduardo Rolon

These are "low hanging" wishes that could be called "upgrades" and nobody would mind. I would prefer more of those than the "major new features" ones.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

And the ability to set the dimension line offset to a value for consistent placement. I hate having to place and then drag just to have dimension offset to the right distance.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

And the ability to drag the dimension along the dimension line, with the gap following the dimension, not being in center.

You cannot build a line.