BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Disable Cutplanes/Marquee for Shadow Casting

owen
Newcomer
It would be very handy to have the option to disable any active cutplanes/marquees/section cuts for the shadow casting phase of all model views (i.e 3D window, section/elevations, etc)

This would solve a number of situations where misleading shadows are generated by the cut model, such as:

- Shaded part-section/elevations where there are incorrect shadows to internal spaces due to missing model elements.

- Roofless internal views used to show internal sun penetration have incorrect shadows due to the missing roof.

Point of this option is to be able to generate shadows of the full model prior to removing the parts of the model you have excluded (via marquee, cutplanes, sections etc) in order to see what you want.

Edit: Pretty sure this could be addressed by a simple reshuffling of the render phase orders no? It may make rendering those views with the option enabled longer (has to generate the model twice) but I would be willing to wear this to get true shadows.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or, maybe, similar to the "wireframe" button in Layer settings, have a button for "Cast shadows even when turned off"
Learn and get certified!