Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Disable mouse clicking and drag

EfecanSoysal
Participant

Hello, I have previous experience in different BIM software and I am just starting to use Archicad due to my new job change.

From my previous experience, I think that an issue that can cause many problems in a large-scale BIM project needs to be resolved. I think there should be an option to prevent automatic dragging of any element that I click with the mouse. I did a lot of research but found out that there is no such feature.

Is there a option that can only allow me to make a selection when I click with the mouse?

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Make sure you click to select, then let go of the mouse button then drag by clicking again and using the pet palette option or issuing Drag command (CTRL+D).

If you click and hold the mouse and drag it will do exactly that - select and drag.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stefan Videnov
Booster

What Barry suggested is the typical way of moving things. 

A lot of users (incl. me) work with the Quick selection Magnet turned off by default and select items by aiming at the control points or by pressing space to temporarily turn the Magnet on. Maybe this will prevent you from accidentally dragging objects.

Botonis
Advisor

Also you can change the shortcut Barry suggested and set your own shortcuts (like letters).

For drag D, for copy C etc......

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.