Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Display Floor Cut Plane/Line in Section Window in AC10

Scott Bulmer
Booster
It would be so helpful to be able to see (not necessarily plot) the floor cut planes for each story in the section window.
Thanks for your consideration,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
It's a good idea, but the Cut Plane is different in each plan View (defined in the View Set). Which one would you show?
Tom Waltz
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thanks Tom,
As I understand the use, a different cut plane can be defined for each story. I'd like to at least be able to have a visual representation of where the slicing occurs for each story. The display could be manipulated on or off as required.
Thanks as always,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think what Tom was saying is that the cut plane can vary within a single story. One saved view of story 1 might have a cut plane of 3' and a different saved view of the same story might have a cut plane of 6'. The cut plane defined is saved with a view. One more item that is not controlled in the view settings
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thanks guys for the clarification. Perhaps there could be a simple way of cycling through the planes in section. Sorry for the confusion.
__archiben
Booster
Mike wrote:
I think what Tom was saying is that the cut plane can vary within a single story. One saved view of story 1 might have a cut plane of 3' and a different saved view of the same story might have a cut plane of 6'. The cut plane defined is saved with a view. One more item that is not controlled in the view settings
yes . . . but even more than that: one storey can have many defined cut planes. the cut plane is just another attribute of a saved view. just like each window can be defined at multiple scales, the cut plane can be defined for multiple heights. means you can model that clearestory within the right storey but still create a plan view of it. if the element display worked properly.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup