Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Display IFC properties of elements with Label Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Simple example: very often we have to show the fire/acoustic rating of walls on floor plans and sections - a very convenient solution to this would be if the Label Wall tool could be linked to the IFC properties of the walls.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I strongly agree with this wish.

Not only for accoustic and fire rating, it is also convenient when we import IFC model from structural and MEP engineers.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Label Tool should be made able to display all kinds of parameters of elements. I thinkthe Label Tool in general should be able to display any parameter you can schedule. You can schedule many element parameters, any parameter of GDL Objects and any IFC parameter of elements.
Then we would have a really powerful and versatile Label Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
owen
Newcomer
Essential .. but i think implicit in this wish is that GDL is generally able to write to/from/with IFC parameters. It could be Read Only (i.e REQUEST functions) as a first step, but ideally you should be able to write IFC parameter values from within the GDL script of an element (e.g where an object is capable of representing variations of a product family)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5