Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Display of Window/Door Opening Lines

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
The display of window/door opening lines should be controlled by Display Options (instead of/in addition to the objects' parameters). Typically, whether or not one wants the opening lines to appear is a function of the drawing type, not the individual opening.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
12 REPLIES 12
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
it is actually a good point. Showing the opening lines should be in the global settings...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
AND TO CHANGE THE OPENING DIRECTION ON IN THE INTERACTIVE SCHEDULE PREVIEW WINDOW
Anonymous
Not applicable
More options are better, so I say in addition to the current options is the way to go.

I would also like to be able to show the swing of casement windows in my floorplans which I currently cannot do. The diea is to make the swings look like the doors do, so my installers will easily see which way the casement window is supposed t o open without having to refer to the elebvation and run the risk of having a transposition error.
Karl Ottenstein
Laura wrote:
The display of window/door opening lines should be controlled by Display Options (instead of/in addition to the objects' parameters). Typically, whether or not one wants the opening lines to appear is a function of the drawing type, not the individual opening.
Laura,

Just to clarify even though our friends in Budapest have remarkably good English skills: you're talking about opening lines in section/elevation, right?

If so, I agree... a display option would be great.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Karl wrote:
Just to clarify even though our friends in Budapest have remarkably good English skills: you're talking about opening lines in section/elevation, right?

If so, I agree... a display option would be great.
Correct. The name of this parameter is "Opening Line in 3D".
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
But where in AC13 do I find display options?
Erika Epstein
Booster
MVO
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Duh,
Thanks Erika.
It's simple when you know how.
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodassoc wrote:
Duh,
Thanks Erika.
It's simple when you know how.
Sorry to be so out of touch, but... what is MVO ?