BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Display of Window/Door Opening Lines

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
The display of window/door opening lines should be controlled by Display Options (instead of/in addition to the objects' parameters). Typically, whether or not one wants the opening lines to appear is a function of the drawing type, not the individual opening.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to be so out of touch, but... what is MVO ?

Yeah, you're right: Duh...!
For the other initially confused like me: it's the Model View Options.
Thanks.
Barry Kelly
There are two problems I can see when using MVO's to control object parameters.

One is each object should have an option to over-ride the MVO setting.
I have scripted in my object a "Use MVO setting (on/off)" parameter so I can take individual control of an object.

The other is that we need to have object parameters controlled globally but not have to save them in an MVO scheme.
Just imagine you have 10 schemes or more to produce various types of drawinging from the one model. (I know 10 is a bit much but just trying to stress the point).
Every time that you want to change one of the global parameters you will have to redefine each MVO scheme to include that setting.
It would be far easier to have the choice of using an MVO global parameter to change things that are important for different types of drawings or just a model global parameter that stays set no matter what MVO scheme is in use.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
MVO - Model View Options under Document - Set Model View.
Learn and get certified!