BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Display option: relative line weights

R Muller
Enthusiast
I would like to have a new display option that is between hairlines and true line weight. It would display relative line thicknesses, but would prevent the thicknesses from getting too wide when zoomed in. Using relative line weights, thick lines would always look thicker than thin lines on my screen, would never get thick enough to obscure the selection points.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
I sympathise with this problem.

How I cope with the present situation is to make a viewset [?] using a different drawing scale, say at 1/4 to 1/2 the scale of the final. It will draw the lines with some thickness, but not quite as blobby as in the final scale version.
Dwight Atkinson
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
R wrote:
I would like to have a new display option that is between hairlines and true line weight. It would display relative line thicknesses, but would prevent the thicknesses from getting too wide when zoomed in. Using relative line weights, thick lines would always look thicker than thin lines on my screen, would never get thick enough to obscure the selection points.
Isn't this the scenario the "Bold Cut Lines" option is supposed to handle?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
R wrote:
Isn't this the scenario the "Bold Cut Lines" option is supposed to handle?
It does the trick for me.
Learn and get certified!