Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Display order enhancements

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to be able to see where in the 14 possible layers of graphical stacking order an element currently sits.

A drop down box in the settings dialog would both indicate what stack level it is on and allow you to manually set the level.

Also when you hover the mouse over the element, the tracker popup should display the stack level for quick reference and allow you to edit it manually too.

These would be less useful if ArchiCAD actually used a height based draworder system where an element that was higher in elevation than another correctly obscured the lower element. It seems odd that it isn't set this way already.

Perhaps the best way would be to disable the draworder adjustment for 3d elements in the above case, but still allow 2d elements to be adjusted in order to correctly use cover fills etc. In which case they should add a 'send above element' or 'send below element' option too, for a faster workflow.
11 REPLIES 11
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Peter wrote:
These would be less useful if ArchiCAD actually used a height based draworder system where an element that was higher in elevation than another correctly obscured the lower element. It seems odd that it isn't set this way already.
There is an add-on that does this: OBJECTiVE

and I've considered puchasing it for this feature alone.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Below is a quick wish I submitted to GS back in the early AC9 days. It's a bit rough but the point was that we needed a clearer idea of where elements are at in the display order.

The height based display order is obviously the best solution!

Cheers,
Link.
Display-Order.jpg
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
...and there is this...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wish Peter Clark, fairly. I can assume, why it has appeared.

Roof, Column, Wall, Slab, Mesh with an identical index of a priority.
At Lamp, Stair, Library Object the priority is higher than at Roof, Column, Wall, Slab.
It adds work (at least, me).

At Roof the priority, than at Column, Wall, Slab should be higher.
At Column, Wall, is higher than at Slab.
At Lamp, Stair, Library Object is lower than at Column and Wall.
My reasons are those.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Peter wrote:
There is an add-on that does this: OBJECTiVE

and I've considered puchasing it for this feature alone.
An add-on 2nd to none!
Up!!!!
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I would like to be able to see where in the 14 possible layers of graphical stacking order an element currently sits.
I think this would not be necessary... if we had options:

In Front of [click element]
To Back of [click element]
::rk
That would be nice too. Problem is when you have elements showing on multiple storeys it may be confusing.
I would much more prefer a solution with display order organized numerically in the fashion of layer priorities.
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
Erika Epstein
Booster
Rob wrote:
In Front of [click element]
To Back of [click element]
Great idea, as adjustments are typically between two elements.
Always a binarist our Rob.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"