Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Documentation for AC subtypes parameters

Anonymous
Not applicable
I woulde like a complete documentation for AC subtypes parameters, ac_type and gs_type.

Something like the excellent work done by László Nagy for Global GDL Parameters, Listing Parameters, & Zone Fix Parameters.
László, do you feel ready for this job? If GS agrees, of course.
13 REPLIES 13
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am in contact with GS so if I am commissioned to do it I will do it.
Of course there are a lot of other articles that need to be written and there are priorities of which is the most important to do. This is the main determining factor which influences when a certain article is done.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand perfectly. Thanks for the info!

Not all of these subtypes params are intuitive, that's why i asked for a complete documentation.
In some cases, difficult to know what they do exactly.

Waiting for the pleasure to read you soon on ArchiGuide...
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I am in contact with GS so if I am commissioned to do it I will do it.
Of course there are a lot of other articles that need to be written and there are priorities of which is the most important to do. This is the main determining factor which influences when a certain article is done.
This is so incredibly important for those of us users who try to "push the envelope" and take advantage of all the possible ways of enhancing automation of our work... We can't, or shouldn't, rely on Graphisoft to dream up all the unique ways of using the software...After all, that why we choose to use such a flexible and powerful software solution like ArchiCAD.

There are many users out there who aren't necessarily concerned with this type of specific documentation. Thes users, however, would be extremely happy to benefit from the efforts of other users exploring the possibilites.

Bottomline: I'm not sure how you would place a priority on making this kind of documentation available...It just very important that Graphisoft make the information readily available.

Thanks,
Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan wrote:
This is so incredibly important for those of us users who try to "push the envelope" and take advantage of all the possible ways of enhancing automation of our work... We can't, or shouldn't, rely on Graphisoft to dream up all the unique ways of using the software...After all, that why we choose to use such a flexible and powerful software solution like ArchiCAD.

There are many users out there who aren't necessarily concerned with this type of specific documentation. Thes users, however, would be extremely happy to benefit from the efforts of other users exploring the possibilites.
Wooow, if i had the vocabulary and the grammar, that's exactly what I would like to write.
Thank you Dan. And Yes, secondary benefits for all users is to take in consideration.

That's said, score is not so bad, for such a specific wish. I hope this is not finished. Please vote!
László, is it good enough for you to prepare your notes?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can forward this thread and the result of the poll to GS so they know about this important wish (seems from the votes it is important).
One thing I would like to say: I am working as an Architect just like many of us, and spend my spare time doing these documentation projects. Dwight probably knows this feeling while writing his book besides doing his other jobs.
But I will do my best to keep up with the demand ! )
TomWaltz
Participant
Maybe we should change this thread to "How much would we be willing to chip in for Laszlo to write this?"

I'm in for $100!
Tom Waltz
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am always willing to do it for just the usual fee I receive from Graphisoft, we will just have to find the time for it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I am always willing to do it for just the usual fee I receive from Graphisoft, we will just have to find the time for it.
László,

Sorry for the "extra time", in case if GS agrees with this wish.

I would be very glad if "You" can write this documentation.
AC gives us some powerfull tools, we lack only the way how to use them, at least for some curious users.

Due to your previous articles on ArchiGuide, sure this next one will be... great, as always!
Thanks anyway.
TomWaltz
Participant
Who said anything about Graphisoft? I'm talking about freelance work 😉
Tom Waltz