Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for AC subtypes parameters

Anonymous
Not applicable
I woulde like a complete documentation for AC subtypes parameters, ac_type and gs_type.

Something like the excellent work done by László Nagy for Global GDL Parameters, Listing Parameters, & Zone Fix Parameters.
László, do you feel ready for this job? If GS agrees, of course.
13 REPLIES 13

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am in contact with GS so if I am commissioned to do it I will do it.
Of course there are a lot of other articles that need to be written and there are priorities of which is the most important to do. This is the main determining factor which influences when a certain article is done.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand perfectly. Thanks for the info!

Not all of these subtypes params are intuitive, that's why i asked for a complete documentation.
In some cases, difficult to know what they do exactly.

Waiting for the pleasure to read you soon on ArchiGuide...

Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I am in contact with GS so if I am commissioned to do it I will do it.
Of course there are a lot of other articles that need to be written and there are priorities of which is the most important to do. This is the main determining factor which influences when a certain article is done.
This is so incredibly important for those of us users who try to "push the envelope" and take advantage of all the possible ways of enhancing automation of our work... We can't, or shouldn't, rely on Graphisoft to dream up all the unique ways of using the software...After all, that why we choose to use such a flexible and powerful software solution like ArchiCAD.

There are many users out there who aren't necessarily concerned with this type of specific documentation. Thes users, however, would be extremely happy to benefit from the efforts of other users exploring the possibilites.

Bottomline: I'm not sure how you would place a priority on making this kind of documentation available...It just very important that Graphisoft make the information readily available.

Thanks,
Dan K

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan wrote:
This is so incredibly important for those of us users who try to "push the envelope" and take advantage of all the possible ways of enhancing automation of our work... We can't, or shouldn't, rely on Graphisoft to dream up all the unique ways of using the software...After all, that why we choose to use such a flexible and powerful software solution like ArchiCAD.

There are many users out there who aren't necessarily concerned with this type of specific documentation. Thes users, however, would be extremely happy to benefit from the efforts of other users exploring the possibilites.
Wooow, if i had the vocabulary and the grammar, that's exactly what I would like to write.
Thank you Dan. And Yes, secondary benefits for all users is to take in consideration.

That's said, score is not so bad, for such a specific wish. I hope this is not finished. Please vote!
László, is it good enough for you to prepare your notes?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can forward this thread and the result of the poll to GS so they know about this important wish (seems from the votes it is important).
One thing I would like to say: I am working as an Architect just like many of us, and spend my spare time doing these documentation projects. Dwight probably knows this feeling while writing his book besides doing his other jobs.
But I will do my best to keep up with the demand ! )
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

TomWaltz
Newcomer
Maybe we should change this thread to "How much would we be willing to chip in for Laszlo to write this?"

I'm in for $100!
Tom Waltz

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am always willing to do it for just the usual fee I receive from Graphisoft, we will just have to find the time for it.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I am always willing to do it for just the usual fee I receive from Graphisoft, we will just have to find the time for it.
László,

Sorry for the "extra time", in case if GS agrees with this wish.

I would be very glad if "You" can write this documentation.
AC gives us some powerfull tools, we lack only the way how to use them, at least for some curious users.

Due to your previous articles on ArchiGuide, sure this next one will be... great, as always!
Thanks anyway.

TomWaltz
Newcomer
Who said anything about Graphisoft? I'm talking about freelance work 😉
Tom Waltz

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Tom, the problem on my part is TIME.
I am working full time as an architect, plus part-time for Graphisoft, plus a lot of other things. I would not be able to take this as a freelance job. No extra time for it in the next 3 months for sure.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
...No extra time for it in the next 3 months for sure.
Laszlo,
Thanks so much for keeping us updated in this thread and for forwarding our wish to others at Graphisoft. It's very understandable that you are too busy to grant this wish in the near future.

Do you think it would be possible for someone else to provide it from graphisoft?

thanks,
Dan K

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can ask.
Since it is weekend (8PM Friday here), I will get an answer on Monday earliest.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry, I forgot to return to this.
So the guys at GS are telling me they received the Wish, put it in the pipeline (Wishlist database), so its time will come (although there is not set date).
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!