Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Don't show Contours of Openings wher are none

snow
Mentor

Hello together,

With 'doors' it works basically correctly: If the opening sill is placed at the wall base, there appears no contour in the plan.

But why doesn't this work with windows also?

o.k. it's possible to turn that lines off manually.

But if I want to use the MDO, to show doors and windows as empty openings I get confronted with this, which

seems to me to be one of the "wrongest" option in the program:

I can show contours where are defiantly none... (maybe there are overhead lines.... but it's wrong and confusing  to display them as "sill lines"
... and also completely wrong – the other only option – is to show none – in case the sill is above the wall base – if there is one.

So if I see the thing like it is,

could this be fixed soon?

grafik.png
ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
5 REPLIES 5
snow
Mentor

Has anyone an idea, for what this function is good for?

snow_0-1665392453186.png

(have just the GER-Version available...)

ARCHICAD for Future

'Show Opening Only' will show just the opening and not the actual door/window frame.

'With contours'  = off will have no sill lines regardless of opening height or position above wall base.

'With contours' = on will show sill lines regardless of opening height or position above wall base.

The sill lines are not controlled by the window height or position above the wall base as they are when you use 'Entire door/window'.

I use the opening only when I send DXF plans to the engineer - they don't need to see the frame lines - just the opening.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
snow
Mentor

But the display of the openings is wrong, then – if you've e.i. windows with and without sill. ☹️

I think also the engineer should see if there is a sill or not.

ARCHICAD for Future

@snow wrote:

But the display of the openings is wrong, then – if you've e.i. windows with and without sill. ☹️

This is true.

In this case I would probably use the 'Detail Level' for doors and windows in the MVO settings.

You can show as a single line and I think this will still show the sills or not.

I can't use this option as I have my own window and door objects and they are not scripted to make use of the level of detail.

@snow wrote:

I think also the engineer should see if there is a sill or not.

Probably, but the sill would not be structural or load bearing, so they are probably not too concerned with that.

The DXF I send the engineers is just a simplified line drawing - just structural elements with no fills - just lines.

To save them re-drawing everything from scratch.

They also receive a full set of documentation so they know exactly what is there.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
snow
Mentor

One reason why I posted the topic here was, that I hoped to get a statement of Graphisoft to this function, which hinders a correct display,

I can't still see no advance of it.

Here plans in "shell"-plans we show sills... just the "concrete- or brickwork" and nothing else... even no symbol für windows etc.

ARCHICAD for Future