Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Door Height Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure why this changed from ArchiCAD 7 to ArchiCAD 8 but shouldn't the threshold of the door remain at the same level when changing a doors height and have the head height vary? For example, when you change a 6'-8" door to a 7'-0" door the threshold changes to -4". You then have to change a second parameter of the door to get it in the correct position. This is a complete waste of time and to me totally counter intuitive.

An argument can be made that windows should behave this way but for doors it's kind of ridiculous.
2 REPLIES 2
Aussie John
Newcomer
Michael there is a preference ( construction method) which controls this.
I agree a little lock symbol next to the sill/head adjustment would be nice for window adjustments so the method could be change on the fly
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie John, thanks for the info about the preference. I did not see it before. It would be nice if there were separate preferences for doors and windows to better mirror the way people work or a toggle to change it on the fly as you suggested.
Aussie wrote:
Michael there is a preference ( construction method) which controls this.
I agree a little lock symbol next to the sill/head adjustment would be nice for window adjustments so the method could be change on the fly