BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Door and Window - ID AND numbering

Odd Goderstad
Booster
We would like Doors and windows to have:

A: An ID that shows type or catalog nr. Like: DT-25 or WT-3

B: A numger that is unique for that door or window, also with possibility to generate this from Zone nr. Like: 234-1

Currently you can use ID for on of these functions, and Label for the other, but label can not be used for Door listing or schedule. It would be nice to have a door or window schedule with one page for each type, and a list of door numbers that tells where to put those..
🙂 Odd Goderstad
GS Norge
Oslo, Norway
Always the latest version ArchiCAD mostly on Windows
twitter: @OddGoderstad
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure how you are producing your schedules, but there are several parameters you can use in the "ArchiFM & Listing Parameters" section of each window. This of course is not as convenient as the ID since it is not visible in the info box. There are 20 or so pre-named categories and about 6 custom. We have been using the interactive schedule and include several of these as part of our schedule.
Odd Goderstad
Booster
Yes, it is a possible workaround, but you do not get it on the drawinng. See the attached file....

Odd
Mike wrote:
I am not sure how you are producing your schedules, but there are several parameters you can use in the "ArchiFM & Listing Parameters" section of each window. This of course is not as convenient as the ID since it is not visible in the info box. There are 20 or so pre-named categories and about 6 custom. We have been using the interactive schedule and include several of these as part of our schedule.

dorid.jpg
🙂 Odd Goderstad
GS Norge
Oslo, Norway
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I agree with Odd - this is absolutely necessary! I've often discussed with other users how useful this would be.
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Odd wrote:
We would like Doors and windows to have:

A: An ID that shows type or catalog nr. Like: DT-25 or WT-3

B: A numger that is unique for that door or window, also with possibility to generate this from Zone nr. Like: 234-1

Currently you can use ID for on of these functions, and Label for the other, but label can not be used for Door listing or schedule. It would be nice to have a door or window schedule with one page for each type, and a list of door numbers that tells where to put those..
Create a new parameter for the Door/Window

Let us say this new parameter is Door_ID

In the Parameter Script type the following:

PARAMETERS Door_ID=ROOM_NUMBER

This will set the variable Door_ID depending on the value of the Zone Number. The parameter may be listed.

See more in AC Help:

GDL Reference Guide > Non-Geometric Scripts > The Parameter Script > PARAMETERS
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
CarlM
Contributor
I know that this thread is quite old, but I have encountered the same "problem" or rather a wish of achieving the same result as Odd is asking for.

Were you ever able to get the ID and unique number to show in the marker, and also in the list?

Thanks!
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO

Dell Precision 7530, i9-8950HK, Nvidia Quadro P3200, 64GB ram
Odd Goderstad
Booster
CarlM wrote:
I know that this thread is quite old, but I have encountered the same "problem" or rather a wish of achieving the same result as Odd is asking for.

Were you ever able to get the ID and unique number to show in the marker, and also in the list?

Thanks!
Yes we have a sollution in the Norwegian liberary. Talk to GS Sweden about it, or if that dont work then PM me.
🙂 Odd Goderstad
GS Norge
Oslo, Norway
CarlM
Contributor
Great - looks just like what I am after! I will contact GS Sweden - if it already exists for the Norweigan version it should be very easy to translate...

Thanks for your reply!
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO

Dell Precision 7530, i9-8950HK, Nvidia Quadro P3200, 64GB ram
Learn and get certified!