BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Double Click

Geoff Briggs
Mentor
The common computer task of double clicking does nothing in ArchiCAD. This is a wasted opportunity. I suggest it be assigned to a particular task depending on the object. For example double click on a text or label object and immediately get the text cursor. Double click a section or detail marker to open the corresponding window. What do you think?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
15 REPLIES 15
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
One thing that makes the double click work so well in VectorWorks is that in that application you can click on any part of an object. So there's not as much confusion over which object you're selecting. Thus you can click or double click right on top of text or right in the middle of a wall or cabinet (as long as they have a fill in plan).
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
Djordje wrote:
The list of assignable actions should be everything that is NOT on the context menu
I don't agree. The best use for the DC may be something that's already in the context menu. The Open Section/Elevation command is in the menu but would be my choice for DC. Fully custimizable is best.
I completely agree with Geoff. It should be customizable to anything.
Anonymous
Not applicable
matthew

succumbed

logitech 2 button + scroll cordless (w/ no drivers reqd like you said)

just sharing my joy

bill
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree the wish to have DC command in AC too. And my arguments are:
1. So we will work easier, faster
2. After long work the hand get less tired.

Also I agree the wish too have Full Customizable DC actions. It's more flexible way and will prober all users.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Double clicking the left button ends a line.
What more do you want? 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
Petros wrote:
Geoff
I am not sure I understood what you are suggesting.
Double click with the left button?
Wouldn't that be confusing when someone specially inside the drawing area?

Yes
Petros wrote:
It could work for text or objects only if they were selected by clicking everywhere on top of them and not only on their hotspots.
On the other hand a double click on top of the menu to repeat the last command would be interesting.
Maybe I am wrong and should take a look at vectorworks..

Petros
if you double click over the text box as it is you will be able to edit the text in the text box. This is good but I wish It would pull up the info box on the specific element.
Learn and get certified!