BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Double Leaf Lines on Door Symbols set to Simple level detail

Anonymous
Not applicable
My office can't handle seeing built-up detailed door jambs and casings on the default door symbols. So we've started using the simple 2D symbol. Unfortunately, the simple 2D symbol is too simple. We want to show double leaf lines like you can at all the other detail levels. For some reason, the parameter is available in the Floor Plan Settings Dialog but doesn't do anything.

To get it to work, modify 2D Parameter Script of a macro called da_leaf_2D.gsm

REPLACE:
IF gs_dlev=3 OR (gs_dlev=2 AND gs_dl_l=1) THEN

WITH:
IF gs_dlev=3 OR (gs_dlev=2 AND gs_dl_l=1) OR (gs_dlev=1 AND gs_dl_l=1) THEN

Only catch, doors with special panels have a more detailed 2D symbol. Graphisoft could work through this issue pretty simply...

Now I wish Graphisoft would modify the settings on windows with the simple level of detail of the 2D symbol to hide the frames but have some indication of the window breakup and opening contour line (sill), not just a simple line.

Is this an issue of old hand drafting standards are not up to par with NCS? I do like knowing where the rough opening is in the new doors and windows, but showing that location in plan is a graphical no no that seems to confuse contractors and some board-drafting architects in our region.
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!