Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Double Warning When Selecting 'Don't Save'.

When quiting Archicad and being presented with the save dialogue it would be really useful if a second warning popped up when 'Do Not Save' is selected.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
8 REPLIES 8
DGSketcher
Legend

@Lee Hankins Bad day at the office? 🙈

+1 Done it myself in a rush to get out the door. A few milliseconds happens in slow motion as you watch 4 hours work disappear into the ether. In my early days I did manage to reformat the system hard drive rather than a floppy disk even though I was asked THREE times if I was really sure!!! Good lesson that one.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Agree.

The facts that closing the floor plan tab closes the project and that the warning for closing image tabs is practically identical increases the risk of mishaps. Add to this that the lack of edit-in-place function for HLMs forces opening and closing instances of AC. 

You could say that. We’ve all done it and I fear will again. Just a second warning would be useful and a default to select the ‘No’ or ‘Cancel’ option to be highlight should the user be trigger happy. Even better, no option selected by default with the ‘No’ or ‘Cancel’ button emphasised. Better to click cancel and have to go through the process again than click agree and lose all that work. Also, the auto save should not clear on closing Archicad but on the first launch next time or keep them and add a new interface to manage them. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Nardo99
Booster

I will also agree to this recommendation. I tend to keep multiple files open at a time and once in a while, I will close the wrong one without saving. Very painful. 

I think keeping the auto-save after canceling a save file is also a good suggestion

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-12017)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Amazing - Thank you so much for letting us know! 

Hi,

I would like to signal one additional suggestion to this article:

The order of the save dialog buttons is the following: Don't Save, Cancel, Save

However in most of the softwares (Microsoft Office, Adobe, AutoCad etc.) the order is the exact opposite: Save, Don't Save, Cancel. (or Yes, No, Cancel)

We are local Archicad resailer and I must say that a lot of Archicad users make the accidental mistake of clicking the left button because they are used to it from the other softwares. Please consider this small, but  verry helpful reorder for the buttons of Save / Close dialog box.

Regards,

Benedek

@benedek wrote:

The order of the save dialog buttons is the following: Don't Save, Cancel, Save

However in most of the softwares (Microsoft Office, Adobe, AutoCad etc.) the order is the exact opposite: Save, Don't Save, Cancel. (or Yes, No, Cancel)

I think this has been a problem since forever.

So I wouldn't expect it to change, as you would then have all the users saying "it has changed and we are losing our work".

I agree though, all software should follow the same conventions.

But if it does ever change to the way it should be, we will definitely need a warning if the 'Don't save' button is chosen.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11