BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Drag a Copy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office would like to see the Drag a copy command go back to a one keystroke combination instead of having to hit command "d" and then the option key to get the copy option. Any thoughts on this?
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Mike wrote:
Our office would like to see the Drag a copy command go back to a one keystroke combination instead of having to hit command "d" and then the option key to get the copy option. Any thoughts on this?
Upgrade to 9 if you must have this feature. Wish already granted.

But, the best working method for drag a copy since 8.0 is to ctrl-drag. (Doesn't work of course if your drag point isn't on the object - for example, maintaining an offset.) And, in 9, the copy is left selected (your other wish).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,
Thanks for your comments! I ran through the demo for 9.0 and I must have missed those features. I do appreciate you pointing that out for me. We have been hesitant to jump into ArchiCAD 9.0 because of the frustrations we have had with 8.1. There are many things that I liked about 9.0 but when I first started up the demo and tried opening a file it crashed. I thought maybe we would wait for a couple revisions before we purchase. How has ArchiCAD 9.0 been for you or anyone else using it. Thanks for time!!
Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome. 😉

I've never had 9 crash.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
IT IS ONE KEY STROKE NOW!!!! (in 8.1) Please try dragging something then hit ctrl once, the little plus sign appears. presto!!! you are dragging a copy. No ctrl-d required

footnote : press ctrl and alt together to drag multiple copies (two little plus signs)
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Learn and get certified!