Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Drag copy of ANY object in section

hampden
Booster
Would love to be able to create a copy of ANY element in section/elevation views. if you can move an object it seems logical that you should be able to drag a copy of it.

sections and elevations allow one to see vertical relationships more easily than in 3d and are a natural place to work for many tasks, would like to have these views be more equal modeling citizens.

Hard to believe this is not a request already, but i was not able to find it (if someone else finds it let me know and i'll vote there).
Stefan Hampden
CAST architecture - Seattle architect
9 REPLIES 9
owen
Newcomer
This is a long standing wish .. and something so unbelievably obvious it astounds me we are still waiting.

However due to the lack of any sort of wishlist tracking system - probably an intentional omission by Graphisoft - we can't really say for how long, nor how many duplicate wishes there are on this topic.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
owen
Newcomer
So 5 years and counting .. but i am sure it has been around longer than that!
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are even older. But there a few requests in a single topic. And they removed the vote. Here it is.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=558
owen
Newcomer
So 7 years .. since the dawn of the new forums. I guess it was around before that too somewhere.

This just illustrates another point i wanted to make about needing A Better Wishlist (.. i.e one that works)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Anonymous
Not applicable
owen wrote:
So 7 years .. since the dawn of the new forums. I guess it was around before that too somewhere.

This just illustrates another point i wanted to make about needing A Better Wishlist (.. i.e one that works)
Hello,

you may find solution for this wish @ simpleaddon.com.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hmm, there are some useful stuff there at your site, like (for me) the Layer Palette, Section Dimensions, Zone Names in Dimensions.
Keep up the good work guys.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Hmm, there are some useful stuff there at your site, like (for me) the Layer Palette, Section Dimensions, Zone Names in Dimensions.
Keep up the good work guys.
The mac versions are available.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

until is implemented, it's already available as an add-on , you can use this http://www.simpleaddon.com/Eng/PM_SectionCopy.html

Regards, Ede

Sorry Miklós, i saw your link later at the bottom of your message, but I think it's better to appear twice than at all.

Nice add-ons !