Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Draw and Edit Walls like Curtain wall tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish the wall tool adopt the modeling and editing features of the c.w. tool..( modeling walls in different planes in 3d window, from sketch in s/e view, edit the scheme in 3d,etc...)
That way we won't have to use trim to roof so often, or complex profile in some occasions and other workarounds..
After all, I don't think that would be lot of trouble for GS, as all these features came with the C.W. tool they made..So I assume half job is ready!
Oh, I forgot to say Pleeeease GS,make our wishes come true..
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
From AC12 announcement here

"The Curtain Wall tool is based upon the new ArchiCAD “System Technology” which will serve as a foundation for future system oriented building components."

... so hopefully this is a wish that will come true.
rocorona
Booster
they say components, not elements... subtle yet important difference. But let hope.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
I look very much forward to being able to define different wall heights in the same wall element. And maybe even a custom cutting profile drawn directly on to the element using the polygonal line tool. This seems to be possible with the new morph tool.
I am SO exited to get the AC16
Thomas Mau

AC25 INT Denmark

www.mauhaus.dk

iMac Retina 5K 27" 2017 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 40 Gb 2400 MHz DDR4 ram - OSX 10.12.6 - Radeon Pro 580 8192 mb

The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed - Mahatma Gandhi
Barry Kelly
Mauhaus wrote:
I look very much forward to being able to define different wall heights in the same wall element. And maybe even a custom cutting profile drawn directly on to the element using the polygonal line tool. This seems to be possible with the new morph tool.
I am SO exited to get the AC16
It is possible with the morph tool but be aware that you can convert a wall to a morph and edit it just how you want.
But you can't change it back to a wall.
Once a morph always a morph (unless you save it as an object).
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mauhaus
Contributor
Maybe AC-developers will add more functionality to the wall tool...
I really hope so, because I don't want to convert into morphs anywhere I need these type of walls, I think. Maybe it is just changing my workflow and old habits

I am missing a geometrically "sketch-up-like" functionality to the wall tool.
The attached image illustrates my point
Thomas Mau

AC25 INT Denmark

www.mauhaus.dk

iMac Retina 5K 27" 2017 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 40 Gb 2400 MHz DDR4 ram - OSX 10.12.6 - Radeon Pro 580 8192 mb

The world has enough for everyone's need, but not for everyone's greed - Mahatma Gandhi
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This can be done the way described in the following article:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ModifyTheSideContourOfTheWall

Now, what would be cool is the ability to store these boundaries (and possibly holes) for Walls and other element types just as they can be stored and be part of a Shell element.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mauhaus
Contributor
@ laszlonagy, I know this article and it is very helpful, but I think it is a slower workaround...
Just drawing a cutting profile using the polyline tool on the element would be a lot faster, I guess.

Moving it to a different location I wouldn't have to move the operators as well...

Thanks for advice
Thomas Mau

AC25 INT Denmark

www.mauhaus.dk

Jere
Expert
Essential. Being able to sketch the outline similarly to the scheme settings in the curtain wall tool would be excellent. I've had so many opportunities to do such a thing.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660